GlobalBeacon is a web-based alerting dashboard that provides 100 percent global, real-time aircraft tracking, with minute-by-minute position updates as the standard rate of reporting. GlobalBeacon combines Aireon’s space-based ADS-B position data with FlightAware’s web interface and worldwide flight information – including origin, destination, and estimated time of arrival (ETA).
By leveraging technology commonly available on commercial aircraft, GlobalBeacon has a unique advantage over other potential solutions. Since ADS-B out is mandated throughout the world, most airlines and aircraft operators do not need to worry about additional equipment to take advantage of GlobalBeacon.
GlobalBeacon is a turn-key solution that gives airlines and aircraft operators the peace of mind that their fleet is being monitored anywhere in the world and provides real-time 4D aircraft positions and customizable alerts for immediate notification when an aircraft is in distress.
- 4D position information reported at a standard interval of at least once-per-minute.
- 100% global coverage for monitoring aircraft anywhere in the world.
- Automatically generates logs with 4D positions for aircraft in distress or potential distress.
- Does not require additional avionics or equipment for aircraft equipped with 1090MHz ADS-B Out and a top mounted antenna.
- Works in conjunction with existing processes and tools commonly used by operators.
- Facilitates communication between operator and ATC with constant fleet monitoring, automated distress alerts and tools that make it easy to share information when needed.
- Transcends borders and Flight Information Regions (FIRs), including polar airspace.
- Easy to deploy and/or provision to any third party on behalf of the operator.
Less than 1 minute Reporting Interval
66 Low-Earth-Orbit Satellites with 100% Global Coverage
Instant Distress Notifications