GlobalBeacon is a web-based alerting dashboard that provides 100 percent global, real-time aircraft tracking, with minute-by-minute position updates as the standard rate of reporting. GlobalBeacon combines Aireon’s space-based ADS-B position data with FlightAware’s web interface and worldwide flight information – including origin, destination, flight plan route and estimated time of arrival (ETA).
It’s is designed to work in conjunction with existing processes and tools commonly used by aircraft operators, making it easy to deploy at any size airline. By leveraging existing ADS-B out technology, GlobalBeacon has a unique advantage over other potential solutions because it typically does not require any new hardware or equipment.
GlobalBeacon is a turn-key solution that gives airlines and aircraft operators the peace of mind that their fleet is being monitored anywhere in the world and provides real-time 4D aircraft positions and customizable alerts for immediate notification when an aircraft is in distress.
- 4D position information reported at a standard interval of at least once-per-minute under all operating conditions.
- 100% global coverage, even over oceans, polar regions and deserts.
- Automatically generates logs with 4D positions for aircraft in distress or potential distress.
- Does not require additional avionics or equipment for aircraft equipped with 1090MHz ADS-B Out and a top mounted antenna.
- Works in conjunction with existing processes and tools commonly used by operators.
- Facilitates communication between operator and ATC with constant fleet monitoring, automated distress alerts and tools that make it easy to share information when needed.
- Transcends borders and Flight Information Regions (FIRs), including polar airspace.
- Displays emergency contact details for the ALRS of the FIR for the aircraft’s location.
- Easy to deploy and/or provision to any third party on behalf of the operator.
At least one position per minute under all operating conditions
100% global coverage from the Aireon network of space-based ADS-B receivers
Instant Distress Notifications